Tuesday, January 10, 2012

It's been Hard

Being  only fourteen most people think that I haven't been through anything hard at all. But that's the opposite of the truth. Here's a few things that I have been hard. I'm African-American, and sometimes I get treated like a piece of crap. I get thrown around and stomped on like I don't haev any feelings; but I do, I have feelings like any other human being. You think that's not hard? think again. Two years ago in the January of 2010 my life changed drastically. You know how we're always thinking that the new year will bring a better year than the last? Well...that's not always true. On January 2, my dad went into the hospital with some major heart issues. It turned out he was going to need some major surgery. While we we're going through that I experienced one of the hardest things I will ever experience. We usually go to church every Sunday morning and night. But once the evening service came, my mom was sick and so was my dad. I had this friend, who was older than me, but was my hero. She had had cancer for a few years, but during all that time I never heard her complain about the pain. I guess I knew she wasn't going to make it when I first met her, I just never figured she should die. Then on January 10, 2010 my brother got a text from someone from church, My friend, Sis.Heidi, had died. As my mom told me the news I felt as if my heart had broken into a thousand little pieces. I cried so many tears and questioned God for so long. I couldn't understand wyy God would put her in my life and taker her away. I went to bed that night feeling so down and depressed I thought I was going to die. As I let the reality of her death sink in, I became very depressed. Then on top of that my aunt became very sick and went into the hospital. I wanted to go to Sis. Heidi's funeral but couldn't because my dads surgery was the same day. I was really depressed about that until my mom told me that it was better to have all the good memories that see her in a coffin. I questioned God for a long time, then I realized Sis. Heidi;s work her on earth was done.  She had made her mark on everyone she touched and talked to, especially me. Sis. Heidi was my hero and always would be. As I coped with that my aunts health deteriorated, and my mom started spending all her free time with her, and I used all my time praying. I was an eleven year old experiencing my first heartache. Not the kind of heartache that you get when you find out the boy you like doesn't like you back, but a real heartache. The kind where you think you'll never recover. I began to sink deeper and deeper into depression, so much that thoughts of suicide came into my head. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, they did. One the morning of February 3, 2010 after spending the night at the hospital my mom came home to get my sister ready for school. While she was getting ready to go back she got a phone call, my aunt had passed away. I have never seen such a look of pain, anguish and sadness on my mom's face. Usually, I couldn't relate to my mom's problems, but this time I could. I knew what she was going through, and how she felt. I was eleven, I had just lost two very important people in less than a month. You think that's not hard? Think again. So you see, everyone has had their trials and troubles and I've had my share. Thy either make you or break you. And when I thought they broke me they were really making me into a stronger person.

No comments:

Post a Comment