Sunday, January 8, 2012

School

I have been home schooled all my life. My mom has home schooled all my siblings for all our life's. Except my sister, Bethany, who is twelve. Bethany, it a very difficult child. If anyone crosses her in the wrong way, she will destroy your property. When Bethany entered the third grade my mom enrolled her in a Christian School, but soon went back to homeschooling because she thought it was best for her. My older brother Ivan, was home schooled until college, and is in his second year of college. My two younger sisters, Alexis and Alyssa, are both in second grade. They are fourteen months apart but they are very smart, so my mom decided they were smart enough to be put in the same grade. I am in the eighth grade and experiencing my hardest year yet. Mostly because I am in a new school curriculum and it's not Christian. Learning about evolution is hard for me to digest. I often find myself standing up and asking the teacher a lot about it, and how she could believe such things when the Bible clearly states otherwise. Usually she tells me she is just doing her job. I absolutely love school, for the most part, but sometimes I wonder how some of the kids can be son disrespectful to the teachers. Some of them blatantly disobey or sass, and most of the time the teachers allow them to. I wonder what happened to respect. For the most part, I do extra curricular activities, Spanish, Writing Class, Gym. Lots of stuff  outside school. Sometimes I miss being home schooled, for reasons such as sleeping in. But for the most part, I need to be public schooled, because I may be the only light some kids need. I may be the only Bible they read.

No comments:

Post a Comment