Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Encouraging Bible Verses


I have been having some really bad depression problems. I have been having thoughts of hurting myself and even killing myself. Lately I have felt like no one cares and what’s the point in killing myself. Last night I went to bed and I felt like dying. I picked up my Bible and randomly opened it. It came to Jeremiah and it said: “For I know the thoughts I have toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” In another translation it said: “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you  hope and a future.”
 I couldn’t believe that I had randomly read that verse. I have been doing a Bible study on how God is always there; but I hadn’t read this verse recently. I looked through my Bible and I saw a few more verses that helped me immensely  and I thought maybe they will help some of you.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 “We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; Persecuted, but not forsaken, cast down, but not destroyed.”

2 Corinthians 12:9 “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.”

Isaiah 40:30-10 “Even though the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait up on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 41:10 “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am they God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

Isaiah 43:2 “When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overcome thee; when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Job 1:21-22 “And said, naked came I out of my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord. In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.”
Job 19:25-26 “For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that her shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in flesh shall I see God.”

Psalms 27:1 “The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?”

Psalms 46:1,10 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Be still and know I am God; I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Psalms 119: 105 “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”

Psalms 121:1-2 “I will lift mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.”

Psalms 127:1 “Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it; except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.”

Matthew 11:30 “For my yoke is easy, and my burden it light.”

Matthew 14:27 “But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I, be not afraid.”

John 14:1, 27 “ Let not your heart be troubled, ye believe in God, believe also in me. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

Romans 8:28, 31 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose. What shall we then say to these things? Of God be for us, who can be against us?”

Ephesians 6:10-11 “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.”
1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 “Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.”

Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”

Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”

James 4: 8 “Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.”

1 Peter 5:7 “ Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment